Monday, September 16, 2013

unwind ;

Hey

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld arrived today YAYY was so happy!! :D

tagged book = bookreview/summary/book-related


Unwind by Neal Shusterman

I read this in year 9? around there. The cover caught my eye. and the blurb guaranteed that I'd be reading the book by the time I got home from the library.

I don't remember much but from what I can recollect, the setting was that after some apocalyptic event of sorts parents could sign away their teenagers to be organ/body part harvested, until they turned 18. The story was told through the eyes of 3 teenagers from different backgrounds and how they struggle to survive after they run away from knowing that they're parents signed away their bodies, this running away is of course not uncommon and the 3 desperate to survive stick together and encounter all sorts of things.  

It was a good read, I remember it was one of the best I had read so far, it aws so awesomee and to this day I still rank it highly.

I was watching science vids around yt and then somehow I found a "unwind - short film" vid on the side bar and I definitely remember the book, so I thought the short film might be about it so yes it was.

This scene is from the start of the book. The film makes it so much more sinister and all the details are true. They are kept awake for the unwinding.
In this video, this person is being kept awake for their unwinding where her parts are being recycled for people. In the book it was a bad guy and it was written from his perspective.

When I joined goodreads I few months ago I found that the author had sequels which I didn't know about because I thought the ending was one of those "left to the imagination of what happens now" but I want to reread unwind and then continue with the sequels.

I might actually buy it.

- Lyhnn

2 comments:

  1. I loved Uglies! Read it during high school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omfg no wayyyy meee tooo how did we not know about this :D !!!

      Delete