
OMGGG!!! HAPPY Birthday to TAII !! k3 ^^
------
Okay so I have been blogging about manga a few times recently.
So its really hard to believe this, I am so tragically shocked and so sad right now though.
Today, I found out that Tokyopop (a major major major, I think the top actually, US manga publishing company) shut down about a month ago. They stated that
"The collapse of Tokyopop is mostly due to the Borders crash, manga piracy and the general bad economic situation, on top of Kodansha taking their licenses back from Tokyopop, leaving them with no must-have titles"
Kodansha is a big company that brings over alot of japanese related literature including alot of manga. They also stated in another part that 'Borders bankruptcy' contributed to a numerous cut in Tokyopop's staff.
This means that their will be, literally, a few hundred manga series that may not ever be published, or finish publishing, in english again. They will die along side with Tokyopop. Some, the more popular ones, will be rescheduled to be published by the remaining big manga companies such as, Vic, Darkhorse and Del Rey.
Tokyopop was my favourite publisher. Australia ships in this company the most, I hardly ever see the other publishing companies. This is truly the tragic. I was planning on buying a lot of Tokyopop manga online but I guess those will be a rarity from now on.
This was just such sad news to me. I just had to blog about it.
for more info:
- Lyhnn
:( That's so sad
ReplyDeleteyeah!:( I didn't even know borders was bankrupt O_O
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynn! :D Sorry to hear about what happened :/
ReplyDeletet-t not cool
ReplyDelete