Saturday, October 8, 2011

taek ;

Hey heyyy ~
helllooooo ^^

Well, today, hmm today WOW I woke up to the sound of a low rumbling, but it continious so i was like "hmm it can't be someone pulling the garbage bin", fell asleep again. Woke up by, mum opening the door and leaving it that way, so that we can "slowly be waken up by the sound" but i was frikken pissed, everytime she does that, I HATE IT!!! grrr my god i wanted to like throw my pillow into the door.

Anyway got up because I was hungry, thunder thunder everywhere :( I was soo scared, had chi with me :( the rain kept going and going, we left the house at 8:30 going to pick up my friend who was also in the demonstration. Oh LOL forgot to say. Today, wait up i'll just quote(from the site)


Moon Lee Tae Kwon Do instructors and black belts will be performing a major demonstration on the 8th October, 2011 at Southbank Piazza. This is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of Australia & Korea relations. This will be an epic event similar to the world Expo 88 display we performed here in Brisbane.
There will be over 200 black belts demonstrating all aspects of our spectacular Martial Art and everyone is welcome and encouraged to spectate.


Okay, You're warned taht most of this will be rambling and stuff. I just want to remember this day. So i'm typing whatever I value and want to be remember.

If you want to skip look for the 3 asterisk

***

Yeahh ^^ at 9. So we came to somerville house to practice your demo. A lot of black belts still came despite the weather. Hmm shortly after someone said the standard "command" and I was looking around to find who said it, I was pretty sure it was Len so I was looking around trying to find him and LOL took a while because, I couldn't believe my eyes but hahah he dyed his hair! Jill my friend, was laughing because, she told me that she asked Huy who that guy was just before LOL. My sister was like giggling and wow. LOl all of the people at the demo, in our class was smirking.

We practiced lining up and doing the order of things and the pace of it all. I did my current form, Koryo and the standard start and ending. My sister did the koryo form and sparring.

We practiced till 11 then walked to south bank piazza and arrived early. As we came to the piazza, some music students from korea, with their nice uniforms had just finished their performance and was going. I couldn't help but notice how nice their uniform is :(

Before us was a traditional korean dance with drums. They had ribbons attached to their hats, which they swirled around, so fluidly and effortlessly. After that they did tricks and stuff, like spinning plates with sticks and like throwing them in the air, balancing them with their nose, feet and even had a audience member to do it :D.

It was our turn to take the stage. You could feel the energy from everyone. Everyone there was excited and happy. Len, always taught us, demonstrations have to be quick and fast and active so the audience is always engaged. The background music also made it cool and everything just went by so quickly and its one of those moments where you don't think, you just ac. Somewhere near the start of demo, Mr Lee appeared, I took note and kept watching the demo yeahh it was super fun to watch, breaking boards, special kicks, self defense, sparring and the 5th dan form, everyone was on time, it all went smoothly and we ran off.

The 7th dan black belts lined up after we ran off to conclude the demo which included - Len, Mark and the instructor from Melbourne and i think someone else. Then, finally the man himself, the creator, founder, Mr Lee, came on bowed and walked off.

When we ran off, there was that feeling of amazement, relief, joy, all those, everyone was patting each others backs, smiling, HI5`ing, shaking hands with the people who they just met during the practice. I hooked my arm around my sister who was smiling, the atmosphere was just joyous. I crossed to the other side of the path and my sister was about to crossed but was halfway when she stopped and she was just looking in awe at someone, and I turned my head to see Mr Lee crossing my sister and after she ran to me and we were all like "wahhh!! wow Mr Lee" Me: you could have just reached out and touched him" because she was kinda half pointing at him, when he walked past.

We were given a free lunch provided by the instructors and I found out Mark was Len's younger brother O: omgg no wonder, i was thinking he looks so familiar! and found out Mr Lee's son was this guy that me and my sister was suspecting was Mr Lee's son, we were right ! My friend started taking photos with Len and then Len told us to come into the photo too. I really wanted a photo with him. LOL he must have known. anyway omggg I can't believe it ! I have a photo with Len now :D So happy! I wish i could have taken a photo but my phone was low on batts :( SDFHDSJK i was soo disappointed about the low batts because the camera doesn't work.

So we got free subway LOOL and Len concluded the day. We personally thanked Len and he said goodbye and thanked us for coming and told me that he knew I would come and drag along the whole family xD Went home. can't rbmr doing anything else.

Just wow, i'm going to put that photo up on my wall! so happy I have something to commemorate the day with. I didn't get to talk to Mr Lee tho :( Yeahh umm I'll put that photo on my wall next to the taek advertisement pamphlet. I would not be me with him. He is the person I look up to the most and when i get that photo emailed to me, I'll make sure to post it on here as a memory. I mean I would not be here , as I am if I hadn't have met Len. I found out today, he's a Master in tkd. I'm proud to have met him, to have him as my instructor. Proud that my instructor is the head instructor. Gosh I look up to him so much. I wish that I could go taek more often. He's been there, pushing me and encouraging me and stuff since year 8. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone I'll look up to as much as Len.


***

LOL what to put now... I can't rbmr anything except, Oh i called ronnie because I wanted to brag about how i was apart of Korea day which is today :P and yeahh being apart of it all and him just being in tutor :P

- The photo was taken some time ago, I think, last year,, this is just some of the black belts. It has some of my friends in there and Len at the top middle back =]




- Lyhnn

No comments:

Post a Comment